Monday, February 27, 2017

Walking by Faith


How many times have you tried to rely more on yourself than God? I know I am guilty of trying to control a situation that I can not control alone. Sometimes I even think, "Well I will do this part and Lord you do the other part." Instead of just letting God do what he does best. After all, God did create the world and he created me, what makes me think I can handle things without him. I believe many of us have been through times where we try and control situations. Why? Why do we do this, when we have an ever powerful God? As Humans we fall short, quite frankly we have more Faith in ourselves than God. LET's change this. Let's begin to have faith in all situations.
In the book of Matthew 17:14-20, A man went to Jesus's disciples asking them to cast out the demon his son possessed when they could not do it the man comes to Jesus asking him to heal his son. Jesus healed his son and then afterward the disciples came to Jesus wondering why they could not cast out the demon. Jesus then replied, "…You don't have enough faith... I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.” (NLT) Honestly, I would never want to hear these words come from Jesus's mouth. But I am sure he has said this to me plenty of times, but I am trying to get better at having faith in him. How amazing is it to have a God that gives us the power to do all things, as long as we have Faith in all situations.
The second time I was going back to Thailand I had to raise support before I could go back for a year. There were many times I doubted that I would be able to raise enough. 'Ye of little faith' I was partially right, I was not going to raise the support needed if I continued to rely on myself alone. I remember it hitting me one day, if I give up this worry to God and have faith that he will provide, I can and will raise the support. After that point, God did raise the support I needed. He will always provide, have faith.  
Many times our worries are what makes us doubt God's power to make all things happen. Our worries make us begin to rely solely on ourselves. But in Psalms 55:22 the word says,  "Give your burdens to the LORD, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall." So give your worries to the Lord and he will provide. It is so comforting to know that God will provide. This is one scripture I turn to when things are worrying me making me try to rely on myself, I read this and remember, God can handle this with or without me. Let go and Let God.
Why should we have faith in God? Because God is faithful to us. He will never leave us or forsake us. He is the one person who will never hurt you, use you, or abuse you. He will be there for you in your darkest days and you happiest hours. He loves you more than anyone else. He never stops loving you, no matter what you do. In Hosea 2:20 he says, "I will be faithful to you and make you mine, and you will finally know me as the Lord." He is faithful to us even when we choose to not be faithful to him.
Let’s trust in him. Let’s have faith that he is capable of doing anything and everything. Let’s work on giving up our worries and letting God provide. Let’s choose to stop relying on ourselves and rely on God. He can handle Anything you throw at him. Let’s Start Walking in Faith…. And without a doubt, He Will Provide!

Stay Blessed Everyone!
Remember to have Faith!
      -Shelby Gillespie

No comments:

Post a Comment