Friday, June 9, 2017

Feeling Less Than?

Many times I ask God to give me the words to say, that the things that come out of my mouth are not from me but rather God. This is what came to heart and I believe that this is what God was wanting me to share...
I strive to be the best I can be and I strive to better myself for God. But I often worry about the way others perceive me and many times I choose to put myself down. I go through days where I am down and have no clue why and I deal with feelings of anxiousness.  For a long time I have been my own abuser. I put myself down and feel very worthless. Some of this comes with the fact that I have faced abuse in my past, but the majority of this comes from me choosing to not find hope and happiness in the storm. I want everyone to like me and when someone does not it breaks my heart. I never want to disappoint anyone but many times I feel like I disappoint everyone. What will it take for me to realize that I am not perfect but I am beautiful. That I am not broken rather I am mended. That choosing happiness over anxiety and depression is the key. That I am not worthy but with God I find worth. That my insecurities are just ways the devil is taunting me. When will I learn? When will you learn? When will we learn?
I am not perfect and as you see I am constantly finding ways to put myself down, and tell myself I am not good enough. With all of that being said, I realized that we all face a battle or battles every single day that the devil has put in the way. We are constantly fighting with the devil and ourselves. We lose the fact that we can find worth in the Father. God himself created us, he created you, and me. Believe it or not he says he knew the amount of hairs on our head even before we were born. Luke 12:7 "And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows." He loved us enough to bring us into existence. None of us are an accident, rather WE are a part of God's big plan. We all have a purpose, all have a place in his heart. With that being said, we have to be the one to choose to step out in faith and fulfill our purpose. Sadly, many of us decline the thought of what God has in store for us. We are to scared of not being good enough, not being capable, and even being a disappointment. But God would not call you to something if he did not believe that you could accomplish it with him. Even when it is difficult remember God believes in you and knows you can succeed and that you are Good enough. Exodus 18:25, "He chose capable men from all Israel and made them leaders of the people, officials over thousands, hundreds, fifties and tens." You are capable of doing good things. With God you can do all things, so stop doubting yourself and see the potential that God see’s in you. Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
God himself declares that he has a plan for each of our lives. When you question your worth remember that the one and only God who created everything, created you for a purpose. First of all, he created you, he thought that YOU were important enough to be made so he formed you within the womb, in Jeremiah 1:5 he says, "I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations." He sets you apart from everyone else. Then he goes on to say in Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." So never doubt your worth. You are important and God does have a plan for you. Overcome your negative thoughts with the comfort of knowing that the God of all things has a plan for you, knows you, and loves you individually. You are blessing!
Stayed Blessed and Remember your Worth

<3 Shelby Gillespie

No comments:

Post a Comment